Jewish Cooking Course
As you probably know Jewish cuisine is still determined by a large number of religious regulations which makes this world even more fabulous for us. My relationship with Jewish people and culture started more than 10 years ago when I got to know my husband. I met him and became part of a modern Jewish family. The main figure of the family is the grandmother whose love for life, attitude and modern way of thinking is an example for me to follow. It was her who taught me the following dishes and I am really grateful to her for introducing me the secrets of Jewish cuisine. On the cooking courses I would like to share these recipes with you. Come and cook together authentic Jewish meals!
What I offer:
- we make together a traditional 3-course Jewish menu (soup/starter, main course and dessert),
- all the ingredients, kitchen pots and equipment,
- my help and guidance (I am a professional cook),
- 4-hour cooking experience with interesting information and stories about the history of Central European Jews as well as about the bustling Jewish life in Budapest,
- the recipes of the dishes, which you can take home,
- you can taste typical Jewish welcome snack as well,
- drinks: Palinka (fruit brandy), Hungarian wine, soft drinks, mineral water, tea and coffee,
- at the end of the cooking we will eat together and enjoy the result of your efforts,
- free taxi (I pick you up in front of your accommodation and at the end of the program I take you back there).
- minimum participants are 2 persons, maximum 12
- in case you are alone, please contact me because you may be able to join a group
- if you prefer a private occasion, we charge 50% extra cost
- if you are a group of more than 6 people, please ask for an individual offer
- appointment must be agreed on in advance (24 hours before)
- please inform me if you are allergic to anything, for example: gluten, milk, milk-sugar, nut, egg, etc.
- no problem, if you are a vegetarian, I am flexible and I can offer a special menu for you
- please let me know your accommodation address, because I pick you up there before the event
- Morning course: 10am – 2pm,
- Evening course: 4pm – 8pm (Please, let us know, which time you prefer.)
Price: 80 € / person (Over 2 guests, we offer 5 € discount off the price for every further person)
Payment: You can pay in cash after the program or transfer the money to my bank account (in this case, please, contact me) depending on which is more suitable for you. I accept Euros or Hungarian Forints. If you are not satisfied with my service, you will get a 100% refund of the price of the meals.
Choose from the Following Menus
Jewish menu A:
Jewish eggs with Challah
Roast goose with sauted cabbage and mashed potatoes
Jewish menu B:
Meat soup with Matzo balls
Honey chichen with dried plum and rice