Strudel Making Course
The Strudel is a typical Habsburg-Empire dessert, but it can be originated to the Turkish influence in Hungary. It is an essential part of the wedding dinner in the countryside. I use my mother’s recipe who makes the stretched version. This Strudel pastry is elastic, very thin and it is stretched by the hand. We make sweet and salty Strudel as well. Where I grew up, there were some typical fillings: poppy-seed with pumpkin, sweet or salty cabbage and sweet cottage cheese cream. Now you can make these on my special baking course. Come and join my program, learn my family tricks and, at the end of the course, enjoy the result of your efforts.
- Strudel with 2 different fillings – from the beginning to the end we prepare these together,
- you can choose 2 different filling from the followings: apple, sweet cottage cheese, poppy-seed with pumpkin or sweet cabbage,
- all the ingredients, kitchen pots and equipment,
- my help and guidance,
- family recipes, so you will be able to make these at home for your own family and friends,
- 2-and-half-hour hands-on culinary experience with interesting information and stories about Hungarian cuisine, the origins of the desserts, customs and everyday life,
- a private place in the centre of Budapest,
- during the baking you can taste the typical Hungarian bites as well,
- at the end of the course we will eat together,
- drinks: Palinka (fruit brandy), Hungarian wine, soft drinks, minderal water, tea and coffee.
- minimum participants are 2 persons, maximum 12
- in case you are alone, please contact me because you may be able to join a group
- if you prefer a private occasion, we charge 50% extra cost
- if you are a group of more than 6 people, please ask for an individual offer
- appointment must be agreed on in advance (24 hours before)
- please inform me if you are allergic to anything, for example: gluten, milk, milk-sugar, nut, egg, etc.
- no problem, if you are a vegetarian, I am flexible and I can offer a special menu for you.
- Morning course: 10am – 12.30pm
- Evening course: 5pm – 7.30pm (Please, let us know, which time you prefer.)
Price: 45 € / person
Payment: You can pay in cash after the program or transfer the money to my bank account (in this case, please, contact me) depending on which is more suitable for you. I accept Euros or Hungarian Forints. If you are not satisfied with my service, you will get a 100% refund of the price of the meals.