Hungarian Private Dining
Do you like eating? Are you interested in Hungarian cuisine? Would you like to meet locals?
If your answer is yes, we would like to welcome you to my apartment for an authentic Hungarian dinner experience. It is similar to a family dinner: common meals, chatting and friendly atmosphere. However, if you do not want to cook but you prefer eating and you would like to learn about Hungary and Hungarian life, it is the greatest choice for you.
This is a two-and-a half-hour culinary experience with a typical Hungarian 4-course menu at a private place where you can meet guests from other countries at my dining table and you can make new friends.
Come and eat with a local chef!
Hungarian 4-course Menu
Every dinner and menu is different. This includes one of the most famous Hungarian starters, soups, main courses and desserts. When I compose the menu, I keep 3 things in my mind:
- the variety of dishes have to be harmonized with each other and form a unified whole, so please trust me and I make the best combination for you,
- considering my guests’ eventual requirements about a preferred food, special occasion or any food intolerances,
- I would like to give you a slice of Hungary through my food.
When I prepare a dinner, I use family recipes from my mother and my husband’s grandma and I combine these traditional recipes with the new kitchen methods. I certainly prefer fresh, local and homemade ingredients. I do not have portions like restaurants do. You can always ask for more (I am happy to refill your glass and put some more on your plate). No problem if you are vegetarian or you have any food allergies. Please, let me know this when you register for dinner and we will change the menu according to your needs.
What it contains
- 4-course dinner (starter, soup, main course, dessert),
- homemade Hungarian dishes by family recipes,
- drinks (Hungarian palinka, Hungarian wine harmonising with the food, homemade soft drink, mineral water, coffee and tea),
- a really special food tourism experience in a Hungarian flat,
- two-and-half-hour Private Dining program with a lot of interesting stories and information about food, customs and everyday life in Hungary,
- the nice private place in a historic upper-middle class building in the downtown.
The Kitchen Pixie Budapest is open every day and my dinner starts at 6pm and finishes at about 8.30pm. Every dinner needs organizing, so please, you are kindly requested to register in advance. Should you have any questions about the dinner, booking and details, please do not hesitate to write me.
Price: 40 € /person (if you are a group, over 6 people I can offer 5 € discount off the price for every further person.)
Payment: You can pay in cash after the program or transfer the money to my bank account (in this case, please contact me) depending on which is more suitable for you. I accept Euros or Hungarian Forints. If you are not satisfied with my service, You will get a 100% refund of the price of the meals.
Join one of my dinners!
Here you can find my published dinners. If you want to come to the other day or you prefer the other dishes, please, contact me and I try to solve your wishes.
I hope to see you soon!
Typical Winter Dinner
Farmer’s plate, Potato soup, Stuffed cabbage, Poppy-seed bread dumplings
What kind of food do locals eat in winter time? Why do they prefer these?
Traditional Hungarian Dinner
Farmer’s plate, Goulash soup, Salty meat pancake Hortobagy style, Gerbeaud layer cake
Are you interested in Hungarian cuisine? Would you like to meet locals?
Light Spring Dinner
Farmer’s plate, Green pea soup, Chicken paprikash, Sweet cottage cheese balls
If you want to take part in a unique event in Budapest, it is your palce.