Market Tour With Cooking
This is a complete gastronomical experience or you can call it a two-in-one program. In which I combined a visit to the local Market and the cooking course. We start in the Market, I talk about the history of the building and the local products. We buy the ingredients for the 3-course menu and you can taste the most popular Hungarian street-food as well. After the Market tour the cooking course begins, which ends with a delicious, rich meal. It takes more than 5 hours but you will have a memorable event.
Come on! Let’s go to the Market together!
Famous Markets in Budapest:
- Central Market Hall (9th District, Fövam Square 1-3): From Monday to Saturday we visit the Cental Market. It is the largest and oldest indoor Market in Budapest and it was built in 1894 and during the prewious centuty it was dilapidated but now it is in excellent condition. It has 3 floors. Here you can see a lot of high quality products.
- Szimpla Farmer’s Market (7th District, Kazinczy Street 14): Basically Szimpla is one of Budapest’s most iconic ruin pubs which turns into farmers’ market every Sunday morning. It looks like a jewelry box with a unique atmosphere. Here you can find everything homemade, for example cheese, smoked sausages, syrups, jams and paprika paté and every Sunday there is a live music by the local band.
- a more than 5-hour long culinary experience,
- interesting information and stories about Hungarain gastronomy, local ingredients and culture,
- all the ingredients, kitchen pots and equipment,
- my help and guidance (I am a professional cook),
- the recipes of the dishes, which you can take back home,
- a taste of Hungarian specialties on the market,
- 3-course Hungarian or Jewish menu (See below),
- during the cooking you can taste the typical Hungarian bites as well,
- drinks: palinka (fruit brandy), Hungarian wine, soft drinks, mineral water, tea and coffee,
- free taxi from the market to my flat.
Time: on the day agreed 9am – 2.30 pm or 3pm – 8.30pm (Please, let us know, which time you prefer.)
Price: 95 € / person (over 4 guests, we offer 5 € discount off the price for every further person)
- minimum participants are 2 persons, maximum 12
- in case you are alone, please contact me because you may be able to join a group
- if you prefer a private occasion, we charge 50% extra cost
- if you are a group of more than 6 people, please ask for an individual offer
- appointment must be agreed on in advance (24 hours before)
- please inform me if you are allergic to anything, for example: gluten, milk, milk-sugar, nut, egg, etc.
- no problem, if you are a vegetarian, I am flexible and I can offer a special menu for you.
Payment: You can pay in cash after the program or transfer the money to my bank account (in this case, please, contact me) depending on which is more suitable for you. I accept Euros or Hungarian Forints. If you are not satisfied with my service, you will get a 100% refund of the price of the meals.
Meeting in front of Market Hall
Private market tour while you get to know the history of our markets, the local raw materials of our foods
Arrival to Kitchen Pixie Budapest, where the cooking course will be held.
Lunch or dinner together
Please, read about the menus and chose which you prefer then click on the ‘I register’ button at the bottom of the page.
Choose from the Following Menus
Hungarian Menu A: Sour cherry soup, Chicken paprikas with homemade dumplings, Pancake Hungarian style
Hungarian Menu B: Fish soup, Beef stew with egg barley, Hungarian apple pie
Hungarian Menu C: Goulash soup, Salty meat pancake Hortobagy-style, Gerbeaud layer cake
Hungarian Menu D: Chicken ragout soup with tarragon, Hungarian stuffed peppers with tomato sauce, Strudel
Hungarian Menu E: Creamy potato soup with smoked sausage, Stuffed cabbage, Poppy-seed bread dumpling
Jewish Menu A: Jewish eggs pate with Challah, Poast goose with sauted cabbage and mashed potatoes, Rugelach
Jewish Menu B: Meat soup with Matzo balls, Dried plum and honey chicken with rice, Flodni