Here is a very easy vegetable stew for lunch. If you don’t have enough time, it is worth to make it.
Ingredients: 5 medium pilled potato, 1 medium brown onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 3 bay leaves, 2 tbsp fat or oil, 150 ml cooking cream, 1-2 tbsp cornstarch, 1 tsp vinegar (optional), water.
Salt, black pepper and sweet red paprika powder to taste.
1. Chop the onion finely.
2. Slice the potato into thin layers.
3. In a pot start to heat the fat (or oil).
4. When it is hot, add the chopped onion.
5. Sauté the onion until glossy.
6. Reduce the heat and grate the garlic, sauté it very slowly.
7. Add the sliced potatoes and simmer them for 2-3 minutes. Add the bay leaves. Season it with salt, black pepper and a pinch of sweet red paprika powder.
8. Pour some water to the potatoes (until cover)
9. Cook it until the potatoes are almost ready.
10. In mixing bowl mix the cooking cream and cornstarch.
11. Equalize the temperature: add 3-4 tbsp hot cooking water to the cooking cream mixture and mix them. Then pour this to the potato and mix gently to avoid smashing the potatoes.
12. Cook the dish until it is boiling (for 3-4 minutes). Check the taste again. If you like sour taste, you can pour a pinch of vinegar.
13. Serve it with meatballs, stew or nuggets.